Behringer EUROLIVE VQ1800D
Professional Active 500-Watt 18" PA Subwoofer with Built-In Stereo Crossover
EUROLIVE VQ1800D and VQ1500D active subwoofers are ideal for adding serious bottom end to DJ and club rigs.
Packed with an incredible array of professional features, these little powerhouses provide lots of low-end punch, with the kind of definition and clarity typically reserved for much larger systems.
Instead of operating relatively continuously like Class AB circuits, Class-D amps are either fully on or fully off, significantly reducing power losses given off as heat. Less heat generation means our amps don’t need massive heat sinks and all that unnecessary added weight. Our nocompromise design allows VQ Series subwoofers to deliver full power with incredible fidelity all night long. When used in conjunction with switching-mode power supplies, which don’t require huge and heavy transformers, our VQ Series’ Class-D amplifiers provide tremendous punch and superior fidelity. The resulting speaker systems are much lighter, making them easy to transport and set up.
The transducers (woofers and tweeters) are the only part of a sound system you actually hear, so we don’t cut corners. We custom-design and build our transducers from scratch. Not only do we wind our own voice coils—we even process the paper pulp into cones and machine our own back plates. This enables us to control the quality, and frankly, make better components.
The VQ1800D and VQ1500D feature balanced XLR inputs and outputs, as well as balanced XLR Thru jacks for connecting additional enclosures. A Boost Frequency knob targets a frequency between 40 Hz and 90 Hz. Flick the Boost switch to give your selected frequency a +6 dB boost. These subs also feature a High Cut dial to control the upper corner frequency (70 – 150 Hz) for the subwoofer’s amplifier. The High Cut dial does not affect the Thru or Output signals, only the signals directed to the subwoofer. A Level knob controls the Input gain, and the Phase switch reverses output phase to compensate for frequency cancellation between the subwoofer and satellite speakers. LEDs show operational status at a glance, including Power, Signal present and Limit.
Which Speaker Do I Need?
As you have probably noticed, we make VQ Series subwoofers in two different woofer sizes. Which one is right for you? Bass speakers, such as the kind used in subwoofers, create punch and impact bymoving air. An 18" woofer has about 30% more surface area than a 15", so it can move a much larger column of air. If you’re running sound for a small jazz combo in a nightclub, a single VQ1500D might be all you’ll need. But, if you’re providing a pulsepounding dance mix to a large standing room only crowd, you might need a pair of VQ1800Ds, or more to get the job done.
Power, portability and amazing sound quality; you get it all with the EUROLIVE VQ1800D/VQ1500D—at an equally amazing price. Check out these low-frequency marvels at your BEHRINGER dealer or order them from you favorite online retailer. The experience will move you!
You Are Covered
We always strive to provide the best possible Customer Experience. Our products are made in our own MUSIC Group factory using state-of-the-art automation, enhanced production workflows and quality assurance labs with the most sophisticated test equipment available in the world.
As a result, we have one of the lowest product failure rates in the industry, and we confidently back it up with a generous 3-Year Warranty program.
Additional Information / Behringer EUROLIVE VQ1800D
|Loudspeaker type||powered speaker|
|Area of use||subwoofers, live sound, portable sound|
|Connections||XLR - balanced|
|Advanced Features||crossover, handles | lanyard|
|Size of speaker||18"|
- Professional 500-Watt powered subwoofer for PA applications
- Powerful 18'' long-excursion transducer with high temperature voice coil provides incredibly accurate and pulse-pounding bass
- Precise reproduction of ultra-low frequencies for "bulletproof" punch and impact
- State-of-the-art 500-Watt Class-D amplifier with comprehensive over-excursion, thermal and clip limit protection
- Built-in active stereo crossover provides high-pass filtered outputs for full-range loudspeakers
- Tunable and switchable Bass Boost plus Phase switch for ultimate low-frequency performance
- Variable High Cut control for perfect sound alignment
- Subwoofer Level control to adjust the balance between subwoofer and the full-range speakers
- Power, Signal and Clip LEDs for perfect monitoring
- Intelligent limiter for maximum sound performance and woofer protection
- Internal switch-mode power supply for noise-free audio, superior transient response and very low power consumption
- Pole socket for mounting with commercial spacer poles
- Ergonomically shaped handles for easy transport
- Rugged steel grill for optimal speaker protection
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany