Audiophile 8-Channel A/D & D/A Converter with Premium Mic Preamplifiers and ADAT Interface
Need to convert a digital signal to analog, or vice versa? The BEHRINGER ULTRAGAIN PRO-8 DIGITAL ADA8000 is sublimely easy to operate and fits neatly into a single rack space. The integrated A/D and D/A converters ensure optimal signal conversion without any distortion or signal deterioration.
The ADA8000 is a state-of-the-art 8-channel A/D (Analog to Digital) and D/A converter with 8 built-in IMP, or Invisible Microphone Preamps. You can plug in your favorite mics (ADA8000 even includes +48 V phantom power for studio-grade condenser mics) and record directly to your multi-track or computer-based recorder, thanks to the built-in ADAT interface. Conversely, the ADA8000 can be used to convert digital signals from soundcards, and other multi-track devices, back into analog audio.
The Technical Stuff
Signal conversion in the ADA8000 can take place at either 44.1 or 48 kHz with 24-bit resolution. The ADAT inputs and outputs can be operated independently, as long as there is an identical wordclock signal. Frequency range is an ultra-wide 10 Hz - 21 kHz at a 48 kHz sampling rate.
The Ins and Outs
Connections are provided for balanced XLR and 1/4" TRS, as well as unbalanced 1/4" TS inputs. Line Out connectors provide either balanced or unbalanced connectivity. Digital I/O is handled via TOSLINK optical socket, supporting up to 8 channels of data.
You can trust all your digital ones and zeros to the ADA8000, at an ultra-affordable price that will amaze you. Stop by your authorized BEHRINGER dealer today and start your own digital revolution.
Important Compatibility Information
There is a known issue with the ADAT interface implementation of the MOTU 2408 audio interface that makes it incompatible with the ADA8000/ADA8200 under certain operating conditions. Users are advised to avoid the following configuration:
- The MOTU 2408 is connected to a MOTU PCI-424 card and operating in PCI Mode under computer control
- The ADA8000/ADA8200 SYNC option is set to SLAVE and the clock input is being supplied from the MOTU 2408
- The optical output from the ADA8000 ADAT interface is connected to an ADAT input on the MOTU 2408
Additional Information / Behringer ULTRAGAIN PRO-8 DIGITAL ADA8000
- Ultra-high quality 8-channel A/D and D/A converter for virtually any digital recording/mixing environment
- 8 state-of-the-art, studio-grade IMP “Invisible” Mic Preamps
- Phantom power on all microphone inputs
- Audiophile 24-bit A/D and D/A converters for ultimate signal integrity
- Processes 44.1 and 48 kHz sample rates
- External sample rate synchronization via wordclock or ADAT input
- Optical ADAT in/out interface for ultimate compatibility
- All mic/line inputs are routed to the ADAT output
- ADAT input can be routed to all Line outputs
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany