MEZE Empyrean High-End Headphone, black and gun metal
The Meze Empyrean is the first isodynamic hybrid array Headphone. A blend of premium materials, exquisite craftsmanship and detailing that’s unmistakably Meze, this is one of the most technologically innovative planar magnetic headphones in the world.
- A new standard in planar magnetic headphone listening
- Isodynamic hybrid array driver creates efficient magnetic field
- Two independently shaped voice coils deliver more selective acoustic performance
- One of the lightest and most advanced planar magnetic drivers available
- Carbon fibre headband, leather headrest and sculpted aluminium skeleton
Behold one of the most technologically advanced planar magnetic headphones ever conceived, Meze Empyrean represents a new frontier in audiophile headphone listening. Bringing together the vision and expertise of two audio company legends, Meze and Rinaro have joined forces to create the next generation of planar magnetic headphones. Empyrean is a true game-changing headphone in the audiophile world.
Meze Empyrean's Isodynamic driver combines individual switchback and spiral-shaped voice coils, their unique shapes allowing sound to be targeted with more accuracy around the natural form of the ear. This unique combination generates an increased exposure of direct sound wave frequencies and improves imaging and localization.
Everything about the Meze Empyrean has been thought out to the smallest detail. From the premium materials to the exquisite craftsmanship and enhanced ergonomics, Meze Empyrian delivers on all fronts. Meze carefully hand assembles each headphone in their facilities in Baia Mare, Romania.
Dual Driven System
Combining different voice coil configurations makes it possible to create a better sound intensity distribution across the sound wavefront at high frequencies when directed at the auricle and ear canal. The switchback coil is more efficient at reproducing lower frequencies, while the spiral coil is more efficient at reproducing middle-high frequencies.
Isoplanar Diaphragm Material
The diaphragm is manufactured from a custom developed isotropic thermally stabilized polymer with a conductive layer. Through unique processing methods, an ultralight yet rigid diaphragm has been achieved.
Maximum Power Output
Weight was minimized by optimizing a magnet structure around an ovoid shape that fits the ear more closely. Power output was increased through the use of a completely bespoke coil and magnet array design that optimized the active usable area of the driver within its ovoid shape.
Isomagnetic Coupling Technology
An innovative feature is the Isomagnetic earcup attachment which uses the demagnetizing field generated by the driver to hold the earcup in place whilst also redirecting the magnetic field back into the driver and improving driver efficiency.
Empyrean incorporates carbon fibre headband, leather headrest and high precision CNC sculpted chassis, milled from a single piece of solid aluminium. The CNC milled aluminium grill provides airflow control to ensure a natural sound transparency and is a work of art in its own right.
A core belief of Meze is to create products that last. The Empyrean is no different, from the replaceable earpads to the high-performance materials used, every part on the headphone chassis is available to be serviced and disassembled by Meze's skilled team.
Additional Information / MEZE Empyrean High-End Headphone, black and gun metal
|Headphone type||audiophile headphone, headphone|
|Construction||on ear, open, rinaro isodynamic hybrid array|
|Connections||3,5mm jack, 6,3mm jack, jack, mini XLR|
|Advanced Properties||magnetic shield, professional, real sound modeling, stereo|
|Advanced features||3D, detachable cord, foldable, High-Res audio, lightweight, magnetically shielded|
|Accessories included||audio cable, case, ear pad|
- Driver Type: Rinaro Isodynamic Hybrid Array
- Operating Principle: Open
- Ear Coupling: Circumaural
- Frequency Response: 4 - 110,000 Hz
- Impedance: 31,6 Ω
- Nominal SPL: 100 dB (1 mW / 1 kHz)
- Maximum SPL: > 130 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): < 0.1%
- Weight: ~ 430 g
MZ3 DRIVER SPECIFICATIONS
- Geometrical Shape: Ovoid
- Size: 102 mm x 73 mm
- Weight: 82 g
- Casing: Fiberglass Infused ABS
- Type: Rinaro ISOPLANAR®
- Active Area: 4650 mm2
- Weight: 0.16 g
- Acoustic Mass: 10.7 kg/m4
- Lower Frequency Limit: 4 Hz
- Upper-Frequency Limit: 110.000 Hz
- Type: Isodynamic
- Size: 75 mm x 49 mm
- Magnetic Flux: 0.35 T
- Case: High-strength aluminum suitcase with foam inserts
- Two sets of earpads included: one real leather, one Alcantara
- Cable options:
- 3m OFC cable, 4pin mini XLR plugs ending with 6.3 jack connector, or
- 1.3m OFC cable, 4pin mini XLR plugs ending with 3.5 jack connector, or
- 3m OFC cable, 4pin mini XLR plugs ending with 4 pin XLR connector