Newly developed from scratch and already awarded with the renowned "Red Dot Award: Product Design 2014": The A 2 headphone amplifier does not only impress with its unbelievably natural and powerful airy sound, but also with its clear and high-quality design.
A Sound to Rave About
With its powerful and lively response, the A 2 brings out the best performances from all dynamic headphones and supplies an excellent reproduction quality that is as close as possible to the original sound: From highs with a brilliant resolution and absolutely authentic mid-range to a deep, natural bass. Amazingly noise-free operation and precise control can be enjoyed via all headphones that are connected, regardless of their impedance.
Fully Discrete and Adjustable
Selected, hand-assembled components and the discrete circuit design open up a richness of detail that is hard to beat. Due to the two headphone outputs two people can enjoy their favourite music together and the sophisticated, intuitive operation of the A 2 fills with enthusiasm. Applications such as the volume can be precisely and infinitely adjusted via the convenient remote control.
Sophisticated Industrial Design
Like its little brother, the A 20, the A 2 top-of-the-line model is based on a clearly structured, elegant design with smooth rounded housing edges without visible joins, screws or rivets made of massive, anodised aluminium. Another special eye-catcher is the transparent charcoal-coloured glass panel, which is flush with the top surface, enabling you to look through the famous beyerdynamic sound-wave logo into the noble interior of the A 2. LEDs spectacularly illuminate the circuit board in a warm light.
Each A 2 is supplied with an extraordinary accessory, a rugged headphone stand made of aluminium. When it is attached to the device, it serves as a practical storage solution for the headphone keeping it ready at all times hanging over the device.
Additional Information / Beyerdynamic A 2
|Input connections||RCA - cinch|
|Output connections||RCA - cinch|
|Accessories included||240V adapter|
- Discrete electronics for best audio reproduction
- Amazingly natural and brilliant sound reproduction with an excellent resolution and spatiality
- Two parallel headphone outputs for enjoyment of music for two people at any time
- Convenient remote control for all functions
- Via slide switches for selectable gain and impedance, the A 2 can optimally be tuned to connected dynamic headphones (16 - 600 ohms) and to audio sources (HD compatible)
- Voltage selector switch for regional use worldwide (110 - 120 V and 220 - 240 V)
- Headphone stand (can be mounted to the A 2) for compact storage of headphones
- Elegant design with transparent glass cover enabling you to look at the illuminated noble interior
Frequency response: 1 Hz - 100 kHz (-1 dB)
Signal-to-noise ratio: >101 dB (unweighted)
T.H.D: 0.001% at 170 mW/250 Ω
Input impedance: 50 kΩ
Output impedance: Headphone output 0 Ω/100 Ω (switchable)
- 100 mW / 600 Ω
- 170 mW / 250 Ω
- 150 mW / 32 Ω
Channel separation L/R: >89 dB
Maximum gain: 18 dB
Power supply: 110 - 120 V / 220 - 240 V (switchable), 50/60 Hz
Power consumption (operation): <15 W
Power consumption (standby): <0.45 W
- 2 x line input, gold-plated RCA phono sockets
- 1 x line output, gold-plated RCA phono sockets
- 2 x headphone output, 1/4" stereo jack (6.35 mm), gold-plated contacts
- RC 2 infrared remote control
- Headphone stand including mounting set
- Power cable (type depending on the version)